When measuring dissolved oxygen, compensations for salinity, temperature and pressure are essential to improve the accuracy and precision of readings.
Salinity compensation allows for direct determination of dissolved oxygen in saline waters. Temperature compensation is automatic with the probes built-in sensor, which features a one or two-point calibration. Pressure compensation with the meter's built-in barometer can be validated against a reference barometer, and if needed, can be recalibrated in user-selectable units (mmHg, inHg, atm, psi, kPa, mbar). With the internal barometer, the Hanna Instruments-98193 is able to compensate for changes in barometric pressure so there is no need for charts, altitude information or external barometric pressure information.
Other features include measurement, methods and calculations for BOD, OUR and SOUR.
- Quick connect probe - The Hanna Instruments-764073 polarographic dissolved oxygen probe features a quick connect DIN connector to make attaching and removing the probe simple and easy.
- Data Logging - The Hanna Instruments-98193s log-on demand features allows users to store up to 400 samples that can be later transferred to a PC with the Hanna Instruments-920015 USB cable and Hanna Instruments-92000 software.
- GLP and On-Screen Help - Comprehensive GL data is directly accessible by pressing the GLP key; the contextual help menu can be accessed to obtain on-screen information and assistance at the touch of a button.
- IP67 rated waterproof, rugged enclosure
- Salinity compensation - users can set the salinity value
- Automatic pressure compensation - built-in barometer with user-selectable units (mmHg, inHg, atm, psi, kPa, mbar)
- Built-in calculations - determination of Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Oxygen Uptake Rate (OUR) and Specific Oxygen Uptake Rate (SOUR)
- Automatic polarisation of probe at startup
- Ready to use PTFE preformed membrane caps
- Approximately 200 hours of continuous use
- BOD is calculated in mg per litre from the difference between the initial and final dissolved oxygen concentration readings
- All necessary parameters for BOD testing can be set and displayed at once
- A list of all saved BOD data can be easily retrieved and shown on the LCD display
- OUR results measured in mg of oxygen consumed per L per hour
- SOUR results measured in mg of oxygen consumed per g of volatile suspended solids per hour
- Hanna Instruments-764073 polargraphic DO probe
- Hanna Instruments-7041S Electrolyte Solution for Polarographic Sensors, 30ml
- Hanna Instruments-7040 Bicomponent zero oxygen solution
- Preformed PTFE membrane caps (2)
- DO protective cap
- O-rings (2)
- Rugged carrying case
- 100mL plastic beaker (2)
- Hanna Instruments-92000 PC software
- Hanna Instruments-920015 micro USB cable
- Instruction manual
- Quality certificate
- 4 metre cable
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.