The Hanna Instruments-96821 Salt Refractometer is portable, lightweight and easy to use as well as being precise and accurate. What's more it offers all the benefits of a digital meter at the cost of little more than a mechanical model.
Designed for use in the food industry, the Hanna Instruments-96821 is ideal for drop sampling and for testing the salt content of solutions used in food preparation.
Using the measurement of the refractive index to determine salt content, readings are quick and simple.
Samples are measured after simple user calibration with distilled or deionised water. Within seconds the refractive index of the solution is measured with speed and precision.
- Large dual level LCD displays measurement and temperature simultaneously
- Sample well is designed for easy measurement - simply place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the READ key
- White waterproof casing with stainless steel well is easy to keep clean
- Large clear buttons make this meter easy to use in laboratory and test conditions
- 1.5 second measurement time
- 0.1 resolution with 0.2% accuracy
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Zero using distilled or de-ionised water
- Battery operated with automatic shut-off after 3 minutes of non-use
- Battery error prevention system
- 9v battery
Simple operation: smart results
- When the Salt Refractometer is turned on, the remaining battery life is first shown on the display followed by status for operation.
- To select the unit of measurement required, simply press RANGE to key through the cycle of g/100g; g/100mL; Specific Gravity; Baumé.
- To zero on start-up, use a pipette to cover the prism in the sample well with distilled or deionised water and press ZERO.
- To take a measurement, use a plastic pipette to drip sample solution onto the prism surface until the well is full. Press READ to display results on the LCD in your selected units.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.