Aim for accurate readings every time with a wide variety of ready-to-use HANNA cleaning solutions.
Here at HANNA, we recommend to always clean an electrode after every testing to eliminate impurities and residue. Regular cleansing and proper care ensures the electrode is correctly maintained for maximum performance to achieve accurate readings, faster response times, and repeatability.
Hanna Instruments-70681L Cleaning Solution for Ink Stains (500 mL)
Hanna Instruments-70681L is a highly-effective cleaning and disinfection solution specially formulated for use in applications where a pH electrode is coated with ink.
Electrodes become dirty from use and will produce inaccurate results even if they read correctly in a pH buffer. HANNA’s cleaning solutions eliminate impurities and residues that are left on electrode surfaces when immersed in samples during measurement or when stored incorrectly.
At HANNA, we suggest cleaning the bulb and junction of your electrode on a regular basis in our ready-to-use cleaning solutions to ensure that the probe is always clean and to prevent any clogging of the junction.
All cleaning solutions are packaged in an air tight bottle with tamper-proof seal to ensure quality and freshness. All solutions show a batch number and expiry date.
Available in 500ml bottles.
- After cleaning, rinse the electrode in tap water and then place in a HANNA Storage Solution before calibrating or taking measurements.
- Always follow up with a HANNA Buffer/calibrating Solution for the best results.
The cleaning solution to use . . .?:
- General Cleaning
Soak in HANNA General Cleaning Solution (HI7061) for between 30 minutes and 1-and-a-half hours to dissolve mineral deposits and other general coatings. (Non-aggressive formula).
- Protein Coating
Soak in HANNA Protein Cleaning Solution (Hanna Instruments-7073) for 15 minutes to enzymatically dissolve deposits from protein sources.
- Inorganic Soak
Soak in HANNA Inorganic Cleaning Solution (Hanna Instruments-7074) for 5 to 15 minutes. This cleaner is especially effective at removal of precipitates caused by possible reactions - Usually used in industrial applications.
- Oil and Grease Rinse
Oil and grease removal require the correct chemicals to dissolve the coating, but mild enough to leave the electrode unaffected. Use HANNA Hanna Instruments-7007 or Hanna Instruments-8077 Oil and Fat Cleaning Solution for effective cleaning after each measurement, followed by flushing with tap water.
Specialised Cleaning Solutions
- Wine deposits (Hanna Instruments-70635L)
- Wine stains (Hanna Instruments-70636L)
- Salt (Hanna Instruments-70670L)
- Cheese (Hanna Instruments-70642L)
- Milk (Hanna Instruments-70640L)
- Dairy – Cleaning and Disinfection Solution (Hanna Instruments-70641)
- Soil (Hanna Instruments-70663L)
- Humus (Hanna Instruments-70664L)
- Agricultural (Hanna Instruments-700661P)
- Ink (Hanna Instruments-70681L)
- Algae, Fungi and Bacteria (Hanna Instruments-70671L)
- Blood – Cleaning and Disinfection Solution (Hanna Instruments-70632L)
- Alkaline cleaning for meat grease and fats (Hanna Instruments-70631L)
- Acid cleaning solution for meat grease and fats (Hanna Instruments-700630P)
- Cleaning is a fast and effective routine which should be performed on a regular basis as a preventative measure against using dirty equipment.
- Always clean the junction and bulb of the electrode
- Always clean your meter, electrode or probe before calibration
- The most common cause for pH measurement inaccuracies is an unclean or improperly cleaned electrode. This is very important to note, because during calibration, modern pH meters assume that the electrode is clean and will give you a starting point accordingly. So, if you haven’t cleaned your meter, your readings will be inaccurate from the start.
All ready-to-use cleaning solutions are made with the highest quality of materials and chemicals complying with standards set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), to ensure quality and accuracy. Also available in light blocking bottles to prevent against degradation by UV light compatible with FDA Standards (US Food and Drug Administration).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.