The Hanna Instruments-5315 reference electrode is a silver/silver chloride double junction half-cell designed for use with ion selective electrode (ISE) and pH half-cells.
The reference electrode provides a stable reference voltage when paired with a sensing half-cell. The external reference electrolyte chamber is refillable and easy to drain with the quick flush sleeve design. The internal reference elements are housed within a durable polyetherimide (PEI) body.
- A fast responding liquid junction
- Excellent reproducibility
- Ease of use
- Skirted cone geometry - The highly stable and reproducible voltage of the Hanna Instruments-5315 reference electrode is due to its specially designed skirted cone geometry. A narrow ring shaped opening between the outer sleeve of the electrode and the lower edge of the skirt shaped inner body forms a stable and highly accurate liquid junction
- Quick flush sleeve - With a simple press of the upper cap of the assembled reference electrode, the fill solution quickly drains out of the body. Such a design allows for easy cleaning of the electrode or replacement of fill solution if using with more than one sensing half-cell
- For use with ISE and pH half-cells
- Durable PEI Body - The probe body of the reference electrode is composed of durable, chemically inert polyetherimide (PEI) plastic
- Banana Plug Connection - The Hanna Instruments-5315 has a banana plug connector for easy connection to any meter with a reference probe input
The Hanna Instruments-5315 reference electrode is a potentiometric half-cell that contains a silver/silver chloride (Ag/AgCl) reference housed within a PEI plastic body. Hanna Instruments-5315 provides the electrolytic contact necessary to permit a voltage gradient to be measured across a sensing membrane, such as an ISE or pH half-cell.
Hanna’s Hanna Instruments-5315 reference electrode is designed with a cone style junction. The skirted cone geometry of the reference forms the liquid junction with the test solution at the tip of the junction cone, producing a highly stable reference potential and consistent flow rates of electrolyte into the solution. A simple press of the top portion of the assembled electrode makes it easy to empty the electrolyte fill solution and replace when necessary.
When taking measurements of specific ions, it is also important that the ionic strength of the standards and sample be adjusted to a high and constant value with ionic strength adjuster (ISA) solution. The ISA ensures that the activity coefficient is constant so the concentration of free silver ions can be measured. Measuring all solutions with a constant ionic strength reduces the margin of error between measurements.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.