Total Hardness and Iron Meter - supplied with 2 cuvettes and caps.
Total Hardness and Iron Portable Photometer
The Hanna Instruments-96741 can provide critical measurements of low range iron and total hardness (magnesium and calcium). The iron concentration in water needs to be monitored since it can become harmful above certain levels.
Hardness, on the other hand, is indicative of the presence of calcium and magnesium in water. By passing through various layers of soil and rocks, rain water dissolves some of the mineral substances.
With the portable Hanna Instruments-96741 you can monitor both iron and hardness levels.
In domestic water, iron can alter the taste and make it unpleasant to drink. It can also stain laundry, damage kitchenware and favour the growth of certain bacteria. However, low levels of iron are critical in beverage production.
Hardness is a consequence of the type of rock layers which the water passes through and of its permanence in the water bearing stratum.
Hardness can cause pipe rusting in water heating and cooling systems, reverse osmosis and demineralisation plants. It can also increase the consumption of soaps and detergents in industrial washing machines or laundries.
- Clear display messages make the instrument quick and easy to operate
- The powerful Cal Check calibration function means that there is no need to return the instrument to the laboratory to check its efficiency. Samples can be checked and validation confirmed at the press of a button
- Positive locking system ensures the cuvette is located in the same position each and every time is it placed in the measurement cell
- Auto shut off feature turns meter off after 10 minutes of non-use to save battery life
- Fully water resistant
- Clear easy to use function buttons
- Direct readout of parameter measured
Designed for precision
With the Hanna calibration check validation function, users can verify the performance of the meter quickly and easily at any time. Using Hanna NIST traceable standards, it takes just a few moments to check the accuracy of the instrument and to recalibrate as and when necessary.
All new instruments are factory calibrated at source and the electronic and optical design of the Hanna photometers minimises the need for frequent calibration. The Hanna calibration check further minimises the frequency with which instruments need to be returned to the calibration laboratory for full servicing.
- Meter only (HI -96741): 2 glass cuvettes, 9V battery
NB: reagents ordered separately
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.