Aluminium Portable Photometer
The Hanna Instruments-96712 measures the aluminium content in water and wastewater in the 0.00 to 1.00 mg/L range. This meter uses an exclusive positive-locking system to ensure that the cuvette is in the same place every time it is placed into the measurement cell.
Aluminium is the most abundant metal and the third most abundant element in the Earth's crust, behind only oxygen and silicon. It is a lightweight, silvery metal, familiar to every household in the form of pots and pans, beverage cans, and aluminium foil. It is nontoxic, corrosion resistant, non-magnetic, and easy to form or cast into a variety of shapes. It is one of the most useful metals we have.
In spite of the fact that aluminium is very active chemically, it does not corrode in moist air the way iron does. Instead, it quickly forms a thin, hard coating of aluminium oxide.
Aluminium is used in water purification because when it reacts with lime (or any base); it forms a sticky precipitate of aluminium hydroxide that sweeps out tiny particles of impurities.
- Clear display messages make the instrument quick and easy to operate
- The powerful Cal Check calibration function means that there is no need to return the instrument to the laboratory to check its efficiency. Samples can be checked and validation confirmed at the press of a button
- Positive locking system ensures the cuvette is located in the same position each and every time is it placed in the measurement cell
- Auto shut off feature turns meter off after 10 minutes of non-use to save battery life
- Fully water resistant
- Clear easy to use function buttons
- Direct readout of parameter measured
Designed for precision
With the Hanna calibration check validation function, users can verify the performance of the meter quickly and easily at any time. Using Hanna NIST traceable standards, it takes just a few moments to check the accuracy of the instrument and to recalibrate as and when necessary.
All new instruments are factory calibrated at source and the electronic and optical design of the Hanna photometers minimises the need for frequent calibration. The Hanna calibration check further minimises the frequency with which instruments need to be returned to the calibration laboratory for full servicing.
- Meter (HI -96712): 2 glass cuvettes, 9V battery
NB: reagents ordered separately
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.