Low Range Ammonia Portable Photometer
The Hanna Instruments-96700 meter measures the ammonia-nitrogen (NH3-N) content in water samples. This portable photometer uses an exclusive positive-locking system to ensure that the cuvette is in the same place every time it is placed into the measurement cell.
Ammonia is often an excellent indication of the presence of animal or plant microbiological decay. It is tested in fish farms (fresh and salt water tanks) due to the damaging effects of its toxic nature. Its presence in rivers and reservoirs normally points to agricultural and/or civil pollutants. Ammonia is tested in lakes, rivers, portable water, boiler feed water, sewage, industrial and waste water.
Also available as a full kit Hanna Instruments-96700C
- Water:Fresh, salt, fish farms, rivers, reservoirs, lakes, boiler water and waste water
- CAL Check - Allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards
- GLP – Review of the last calibration date
- Auto-shut off – Automatic shut off after 10 minutes of non-use when the meter is in measurement mode. Prevents wastage of batteries in the event the meter is accidentally left on
- Battery status indicator – Indicates the amount of battery life left
- Built-in timer – Display of time remaining before a measurement is taken. Ensures that all reading are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals for the test being performed
- Error message – Messages on display alerting to problems including no cap, high zero, and standard too low
- Cooling lamp indicator – To maintain the desirable wavelength to be used for absorbance, it is necessary to ensure components are not overheated from the heat generated by the tungsten lamp. Each photometer is designed to allow a minimal amount of time for components to cool. The cooling lamp indicator is displayed prior to a reading being taken
- Units of measurement – Appropriate unit of measure is displayed along with reading
Designed for precision
With the Hanna calibration check validation function, users can verify the performance of the meter quickly and easily at any time. Using Hanna NIST traceable standards, it takes just a few moments to check the accuracy of the instrument and to recalibrate as and when necessary.
All new instruments are factory calibrated at source and the electronic and optical design of the Hanna photometers minimises the need for frequent calibration. The Hanna calibration check further minimises the frequency with which instruments need to be returned to the calibration laboratory for full servicing.
- Meter only (HI -96700): 2 glass cuvettes, 9V battery
- Full kit (Hanna Instruments-96700C): 2 glass cuvettes, 9V battery, carrying case, calibration check standards, cleaning cloths
NB: reagents ordered separately
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.